It’s a GRIMM Day-a-Dawnin’
Okay, just to recap…
- Dustbin girl makes the big dance, boogies down with boy-wonder Prince Charming
- Dustbin girl beats steps-sisters to “Find A Prince” finish line by a foot… in a glass slipper
- Cinderella (moi) becomes a Princess and her Prince becomes less-than-charming
- Princess Bride Cindy becomes badgered by a real mother… as in Mother Hubbard, her real mom who now finally wants to be with her daughter who’s a princess in the big castle with lots of closet space and unlimited spending money and yada yada yada…
- The Prince’s secret past jumps into the present when our Cinder-girl learns that he used to be a frog. That’s right – a frog! Curse those curses!
- A marital retreat with that nice Van Winkle couple turns into a 7 MONTH snooze-fest
Up to speed now? Well, I’m not. In the “while you were sleeping” version of my life, I found out that Mummsy Hubbard has gone from being “trouble” to being in trouble. And it all has to do with that scheming bunch – GRIMM BROTHERS ENTERTAINMENT. These are the guys that put me in a house with some mean, ugly step-women because “it made a good story.”
Yep. They’re the ones that have infested Fairytale Land with Trolls, goblins, witches, wolves and frog-cursed Princes. Now they’ve become a media monolith – and they’ve hooked the Hubbster, Auntie Goose and my half-sisters into who knows what kind of story!
Maybe I should just crawl back in bed…